Pages

Hand crafted Boutique Items.

Everything is made by hand, all unique one of a kind pieces. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=sparklehair Thank-you for visiting :)

Friday, April 15, 2011

Etsy Success

Today I sold my first pillow through Etsy. I am so happy! I have sold pillows before I have a lovely customer in Dallas Texas who has commissioned art pillows.
The pillow I sold was a dupioni silk in chocolate brown with appliqued birds made from nuno silk which I made myself from sari silk throws which are the threads and scraps from recycled saris. he silk comes in glorious jewel colors, kingfisher blue, fuchsia pink, bright sunshine yellow and so many more amazing shiny colors.Leaves and branches are cut from hand dyed cloth batik  and embellished with hand spun wool and silk.
As you can imagine my stash is growing, another box arrived today with merino wool again in glorious shades. First I MUST finish my UFO'S  (unfinished objects). There are pillows waiting to be sewn, a baby quilt ready to have backing and then be quilted and of course I need to organize my workspace ....again.!
I watch the hoarder shows and wonder if I will turn into one of these nutters, hopefully not.I have taken over the dining room for sewing, the landing area has my bargain find architects drawing table ($10) and part of  bedroom is my area for making altered books.I have Studio Space and I love it.
I have to ship my parcel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment