Pages

Hand crafted Boutique Items.

Everything is made by hand, all unique one of a kind pieces. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=sparklehair Thank-you for visiting :)

Monday, May 9, 2011

rain again, good for the plants and for staying in and sewing.

Havent been on the blog for  a while, my beloved cat Spuds had to be put to sleep and I was devastated. He had a lovely life, a real Garfield. He liked to do boys stuff, huntin' and Fishin', helping his Dad in the yard, well, supervising I should say.We laid him to rest under the lilac trees, one of his favorite places to have an afternoon nap.Long Live King Spud Honeypot.

I will finish 2 projects today, an almost finished very cute baby quilt and a grown ups quilt I have been working on (and off) for 18months.
I also started painting again. I painted everyday for 2 years until I gave that a break last Fall and started sewing, mainly because the weather changed and sewing is a great indoor pastime. I got a little over the top when I went to the fabric store, I realised that is how hoarding starts, all that fabric, gorgeous color and I had to learn to keep myself in check!
I have booked a class with an artist from Australia called John Lovett.He uses watercolor and adds in some other interesting media like adding rice paper, pastel crayon and ink, I am looking forward to that. The class is in Lac Du Flambeau, not far from my home and I will be staying a cabin on the lake for a week. Can't wait!
I will add some photos later today of what I am working on.
Oh, good news! I sold my hexagon baby quilt on Etsy, can hardly bear to part with it, ....but it's going to a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment