Pages

Hand crafted Boutique Items.

Everything is made by hand, all unique one of a kind pieces. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=sparklehair Thank-you for visiting :)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

sue spargo class

This was taken on my ride up to Bayfield WI.
Nature has a way of arranging  a perfect color scheme!
 scroll down for more pics.


if anyone has any comments or questions please feel free to ask.




This is the bunch of lavender I am embellishing, I used the beads and sea grass to embroider bullion stitches and fly stitches. The backing for the lavender piece was a wet felted piece I made before the class. More work to do on the lettering, i am using tiny seed beads .



One of Sue's completed wool wall hangings, isn't it gorgeous?


A view of the island from the ferry crossing.

Back home from Madeline island I am completing my travel quilt. I have changed the design and added and taken away. I changed one block which was previously a deep wine color to a more soft neutral green yellow background. I found it easier to sew and embellish on the smaller block too. I may try that next time.below is a picture of the classroom.As you can see the weather was amazing too.
Using felted wool is really easy to sew and applique. The vibrant colors and tighter weave help when cutting and planning the quilt them too. But my absolute favorite thing is to embroider and couch along with adding beads for beautiful effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment